HVAC efficiency is an important factor in saving money on energy bills. Technological advances in thermostats like Bryant Housewise allow you to keep careful track of energy usage and make adjustments as needed. While these devices simplify heating and cooling your home, it is still important to follow some basic guidelines to ensure that the unit functions properly.
This is one area that consumers unknowingly waste a lot of extra energy and money. While you may have heard you should turn your thermostat down or even off during night time hours, when you are at work and while on vacation, changing the setting more than 4-6 degrees between occupied and unoccupied areas of the home is very inefficient. It is also difficult for the system to compensate for drastic temperature differentials inside and outside the home. Most cannot overcome a disparity of more than 20 degrees.
Use a WIFI thermostat
Another great way to ensure your HVAC is efficient is to use a digital WiFi thermostat. Digital thermostats are significantly more accurate and WiFi capability allows the homeowner to verify settings from mobile devices when they are away. Some benefits include:
- Control from anywhere – The homeowner can change settings remotely so their house is at the desired temperature by the time they get home.
- Ease of use – Once you know a few simple settings, most WiFi thermostats are very user friendly. And, because they connect with your mobile devices, they are controlled by downloadable applications with everything in one easy to navigate menu.
- Improved efficiency – Get alerts on maintenance issues as well as energy usage updates that allow you to keep your HVAC system running at peak performance.
- Precision – Digital WiFi thermostats keep household temperatures more consistent than traditional thermostats.
- Manage multiple devices – As long as you have a mobile device in hand, you can keep track of a several thermostat readings throughout your home from wherever you are sitting.
- Avista customer rebates – Avista offers their customers up to $70 in rebates for contractor installed, qualifying WiFi thermostats!
The right devices and careful temperature management are ideal ways to save money on your energy bills while keeping your home comfortable year-round. If you would like more information on how to save money on your heating and cooling or are considering installing a WiFi thermostat, contact the experts at Barton Boys Heating & Air Conditioning. We are a Bryant Factory Authorized Dealer serving both Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho!